This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, utilize, and disclose personal data. emusicmart.com ( "we," "our," or "us") are subject to this Privacy Notice.
All account owners must be at least 18 years old, according to emusicmart.com Terms of Service. Minors under the age of 13 are not allowed to use emusicmart.com services without the permission and direct supervision of the account owner. You are responsible for any and all account activity performed by a child on your account. We do not knowingly "sell" the personal information of children, as that term is defined by applicable law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information based on how you connect with us, the Services you use, and the decisions you make.
Information you provide directly: We keep track of the personal information you give us.: For example:
- Contact information. We collect name, username, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Identification information. We may collect your membership card photo, date of birth, identity document (e.g., driver's licence information, passport information, or tax identification number), employer name (if you register online for membership through your employer), and emusicmart.com membership number if you are a member or sign up to be a member.
- Demographic information. In some cases, we request that you provide gender, age, and similar demographic details.
- Payment information. Payment card numbers, financial account information, billing address, and other payment details are collected when you make a purchase or other financial activity.
- Feedback or response information.We collect your response information, including the content of your feedback or response message, if you submit feedback through the Services, or if you respond to a survey or other correspondence from emusicmart.com or its vendors.
- Content and files. We will collect and retain any email messages or other communications you send us, such as feedback or comments, requests for customer service, forms, or participation in a survey or competition.
Information we collect automatically. When you access or use our Services, we acquire some information automatically. For example:
- Transaction and purchase information. We collect information about your transaction or return when you make a purchase or return. This may include product details, purchase price, date, tender type, transaction location, shipping/delivery data, and payment authorization, among other things. It may also include transaction account notes, such as information that aids us in preventing fraud, misuse of the Services, or illegal behavior.
- Identifiers and device information. When you access our internet-based Services, our web servers automatically log your IP address and information about your device, including unique device identifiers (such as MAC address); device type; and your device's operating system and version, browser type and language, and other software, including type, version, language, settings, and configuration, as well as mobile network information. Our websites, apps, and other online services store and retrieve cookie identifiers, mobile IDs, and other information, as further stated in the Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Similar Technologies section below.
- Geolocation information. When you visit our warehouses or service centres, or switch on Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other geolocation capability on your device, we may collect or infer information about your general or precise position.
- Usage and session information. We automatically log your activities on our websites, and other online services, including the URL of the website from which you came to our sites, the pages you viewed, the amount of time you spent on each page, access times, and other information about your usage of and actions on our website. We record the images you see on your screen and information about how you interact with them using your keyboard, mouse, or other input device. We also track your behaviour on our internet-based Services and applications where our advertising is presented, such as which pages and adverts you view or click on, and we gather information about what items and services you browse, search for, or otherwise express an interest in. We collect and utilize this information to assess the efficacy of our Services and marketing, troubleshoot and improve our Services, provide tailored marketing messages, personalise and improve our advertising, and personalize and optimise your experience.
- Call recordings and chat transcripts. When you communicate with our customer or technical support people, or if you offer us with feedback regarding our Services, we record and preserve phone calls and chat transcripts for a length of time.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine or link it with information we already have about you. We may combine information we've collected offline with data we've acquired online. Vendors working on our behalf may acquire information, and we may also obtain information from other parties. Examples of third-party sources include:
- Primary Account holders. We may collect contact, identification, and demographic information for other household members when a primary emusicmart.com member adds them to their membership account.
- Commercial data brokers/sources. To enhance the data we collect, commercial data brokers and aggregators offer us with information about you. This includes marketing data and inferences, as well as data that helps us avoid fraud and other criminal activity.
- Other companies with which you engage. Companies who offer their products and services to emusicmart.com members, such as emusicmart.com co-branded and joint venture relationships, emusicmart.com Services providers, vendors, and product suppliers, supply us with information. These items and services may include emusicmart.com Services (such as travel, auto and home insurance, and other business and consumer services), some installed home improvement products and services, travel services, wireless devices and services, and order and delivery services. These businesses may provide us with information about your interactions with them, such as the products or services you purchased and your contact information.
- Content you post online. These businesses may provide us with information about your interactions with them, such as the products or services you purchased and your contact information
- Service providers. We may use vendors and service partners to collect or provide information to emusicmart.com as part of the work they undertake for us.
Information we create or generate. We build new information about you by evaluating the data we receive, including using automated methods and third-party sources, to make inferences about your likely preferences or other characteristics ("inferences"). We may, for example, use information about your prior purchases to infer the types of products and services that would be of interest to you in the future. We use this data to track and enhance our marketing operations, which includes sending you customized ads and other promotional materials.
Information concerning minors. Individuals under the age of eighteen are not permitted to use the Services (18). Except when submitted to us to make travel arrangements, fill a prescription in the pharmacy, optical department, or hearing aid department, or as part of our legal or risk management inquiries, we do not intentionally collect personal information from persons under the age of 18.
COOKIES, MOBILE IDs AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies, pixels, web beacons, mobile analytics, and advertising IDs (collectively, "digital tracking technologies") are used by us and our analytics and advertising partners. When you visit our site, we use digital tracking technologies provided by such vendors and other third parties to collect personal information (such as the cookies saved on your browser, the advertising identifier on your mobile device, or the IP address of your device). These technologies may be used by emusicmart.com, our vendors, or other third parties to gather personal information about your online activities over time and across multiple websites or online services. This information is used to store your preferences and settings, to allow you to sign-in, to analyse how our Services perform, to track your interaction with the Services, to track your orders and estimated delivery date, to make marketing inferences about you, to deliver and tailor interest-based advertising, to combat fraud, and for other legitimate purposes. For these purposes, we may also share the data we gather or infer with other parties.
Our Cookie Settings page allows you to opt out of digital tracking technologies for targeted advertising and third-party marketing purposes on our website. Please keep in mind that even if you opt out of digital tracking technologies or advertising, you may still see ads as you surf the internet, though they will be less personalized to you. Furthermore, if you set your browser or device to delete or reject digital tracking technology, it may disrupt certain of our website's features or services. Your settings and preferences, including your choices about digital tracking technologies, may be lost or stop functioning if you opt to remove or reject all cookies and digital tracking technologies. In this case, you may need to make those decisions again on each of the websites and services with which you interact.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the reasons indicated in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you. Personal information is used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Product and service delivery. To provide our products and services, which include securing, debugging, improving, personalizing, processing, fulfilling, shipping, and delivering your orders.
- Business operations. To run our business, including creating, maintaining, and renewing your membership, billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, detecting fraudulent or illegal activity, and monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities related to our Services and warehouses.
- Product improvement, development and research. To enhance our products, develop new ones, and perform research.
- Personalization. To better understand you and your preferences in order to improve your online experience and the adverts you see when using the Services or other platforms, as well as to personalize your online experience and the advertisements you view.
- Customer support. To give you updates, order confirmations, delivery and pick-up notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages related to your membership account.
- Marketing and advertising. To keep you informed about new emusicmart.com and other companies' products and services, offers, promotions, incentives, contests, forthcoming events, and other information about our products and services and those of other companies, as well as to show you advertisements.
- Legal, security and safety reasons. For legal, security, and safety reasons, such as to safeguard our and our customers' and members' rights, enforce our policies, transmit product recalls or safety notifications, identify, investigate, or prevent fraud and other criminal actions, or meet legal and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- For any other reason that is disclosed to you at the time the information is collected. To achieve these goals and provide you with a more smooth, consistent, and tailored experience, we blend information we gather from various sources.
How we protect your information. We use a range of security methods to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, all of which are created using a risk-based approach. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of information provided to us, as stated in the applicable conditions of use for each digital site. You can also play a role in ensuring the security of the information you send to us. Make a secure password. Only use that password on our online properties. Also, do not provide your password to anyone, particularly someone pretending to work with us. Never, ever would we contact you and ask for your password.
Your choices. You may at any time:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional emails, phone, and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Deactivate your account
- Request removal of information you post on our digital properties; in some cases, we may not be able to do so; in those cases, we will let you know why.
To perform any of these, please contact us via one of the following methods:
- Follow the instructions in a marketing email, direct mail, or mobile message you get from us to do any of these things.
- Please contact us using one of the options given under "contact us" with your request and current contact information.
Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your material or information less apparent, this does not guarantee that your content or personal information will be completely removed from the internet.
p Protecting children's privacy.
Without parental approval, we do not intentionally solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have obtained personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental agreement, we will destroy that information as soon as possible. Please notify us as described in the "How to contact us" section of this policy if you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without parental authorization.
Deidentifed Information. In compliance with relevant law, we may release and use aggregated or deidentified data. We pledge to keeping and using deidentified information if we release or utilize it. Except to evaluate the success of our deidentification rules and procedures, we will not seek to re-identify such information.
Links to other websites.
Our websites contain links to third-party sites, many of which have their own privacy rules. Always read the privacy policies on the websites you visit.